Thursday, February 5, 2009

3 Steps to Save Gas

This is neither about the usual, commonplace or trivial recommendations, nor is it about claims that certain additives or alterations to your engine will make it run on water.

This is my actual experience switching to AMSOIL products.

1) Since my car was four years old with 65,000 miles on it, I first flushed the
engine with AMSOIL Engine Flush to get rid of the built-up gunk.

2) Changed the oil to AMSOIL 100% Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil.
Under normal conditions this oil has a Guaranteed Service life of 25,000 miles
or one year. This required the use of AMSOIL’s Ea Oil Filter which is also
Guaranteed for the same miles / time.

3) Switched my Air Filter to AMSOIL’s Ea Nanofiber technology Air Filter.
These filters hold 15 times more dust than wet gauze-type filters. The Media
removes 5 times more dust than traditional cellulose filters and 50 times more
dust than wet gauze. Unmatched 4-year/100,000-mile guarantee.


The oil change-over increased my mileage by about 8% and the filter gave me another 4 – 5% more miles per gallon. While this increase during the summer was more meaningful then it is now there are additional savings to consider. I am changing the oil once a year instead of 5 – 8 times. ( I drive between 15,000 to 25,000 miles per year)

In addition, AMSOIL stays liquid down to –65 °F and it’s flash point is 442 °F my engine starts easier in the winter and runs cooler in the summer, I am also saving on repair costs… while being Environmentally Friendly!

To learn more about AMSOIL, tips on how to save gas, oil and money while driving and to order online direct from AMSOIL, visit: http://www.drivealotsavealot.com/

average joe

No comments: